Website Performance - Removing Unneeded Requests

Continuing my speed challenge series against, in this post I'm going to focus on removing unneeded browser requests. When rebuilding this site, shipping it quickly was the focus. With this in mind, I used the Bootstrap theme to put together a quick sub-theme with most of its default settings. This produces a decent looking site rather quickly, but it also comes at a frontend performance cost.

Website Performance - Can I Beat Dries?

This post is an introduction into a series of posts deep diving into optimizing Drupal sites for browser performance. Shortly after I rebuilt this site, I was reading a blog post on and noticed Dries has really gone out of his way to optimize the performance and size of that site. If you haven't looked lately, it's worth taking a look to see how lightweight and fast that site is. I thought it'd be a fun challenge to see if I can make this site even smaller and faster!

CVE-2019-14287 Demo Container

I wanted to experiment with the new Sudo security bug recently released (CVE-2019-14287), so I created a quick Docker container to spin up an environment with different users and a vulnerable version.